Dog Walking / Exercise & Play Breaks
Is your pooch getting enough exercise? Does he get lonely while you’re at work all day? Many veterinarians recommend at least two walks per day for most dogs. In addition to being great exercise, our walks also offer a wonderful source of mental stimulation for your four-legged friend. Dogs, like people, need regular exercise to be healthy and happy. As a solution, we offer 30-minute or 45-minute walks with your dog. The walk includes plenty of encouragement and positive training reinforcement, poop bags, and replenishing water dishes. The walk is followed by a treat and some “winding down time”- (quiet play, brushing, or petting.) It’s a great treat for your dog’s body, mind, and spirit… and it gives him something to look forward to every day!
$20 for a 45 minute walk
$22 for a 45 minute walk
* Add $5 per walk for each additional dog
* Monthly or weekly payment options
** For the health and well-being of your dog…
During severe weather (extreme cold, blizzard conditions, etc) the visit will be limited to a brief walk and outdoor potty break. The remainder of the visit will consist of indoor play time.
This service enables you to go on vacation or business trips without the added inconvenience of ferrying your pets to and from a kennel. Your pet remains in her own home, does not have to experience the stress of being in a different environment, and there is minimal disruption to her normal routine. Visits to your home last about 30 minutes and include:
- Feeding and watering all pets
- Playtime for your kitty or pup
- Plenty of love and attention
- For cats: cleaning of litterbox(es)
- For dogs: a walk and treat
- Plant watering (as requested)
- Bringing in the mail, papers
- Adjusting the drapes/lights to give the house a lived-in look
- A quick security check
Pricing: Prices range from $18 to $22 per visit depending on your location, type, and number of pets. Clients requesting visits lasting longer than the standard 30-minute visit will be charged an hourly rate of $20. Please call or email for details.
At your request, we will be happy to provide you with email updates to let you know how your pet’s day went.
We are available to transport your pet to and from the vet, groomer, obedience class, doggie daycare, airport, ferry terminal, or anywhere else.
Pricing: $20 flat rate within 10 mile radius.
Doggie Field Trips
This service is perfect for younger dogs and active breeds that require more exercise than the 30-minute walk allows. We’ll take your well-behaved and socialized canine friend hiking in the woods, to a local dog park or dog-friendly beach for an hour-long romp.
Pricing: $20 per hour plus $5 per each additional dog from the same household.
“The Muddy Paw”
Doggie Field Trips can get a little messy sometimes. After all, who can resist the fun of splashing around in a mud puddle or rolling in the grass? This package really is “the works”: First, we take your canine buddy hiking or to the park for an hour of fun. This is followed by a quick snack, and then we’re off to the dogwash where we pamper your pooch with a scrub down, rinse, and blow-dry. Your pooch comes home tired and smelling great….and no muddy paw prints to clean up!
Pricing: $50 for one dog, $75 for two dogs
This package is ideal for puppies, elderly animals, pets with separation anxiety issues, or any pets who really miss you when you’re gone and just need a little extra loving care.
Pricing: $55/night. We typically arrive between 8 and 9pm and leave between 7 and 10am. Includes two walks (morning and evening). If an additional mid-day visit/walk is requested, the regular dog-walking rate will apply. Since the overnight package is our most frequently requested service, payment in advance is required to reserve your dates.
The meet-n-greet visit is an initial consultation designed to let you and your pet get acquainted with us. During the visit, we will:
- Go over paperwork and get detailed information about caring for your pet, including likes/dislikes, veterinary information, and medications your pet is currently taking.
- Address any questions or concerns you may have.
- Go over schedule and pricing
- Collect payment or deposit
- Pick up keys. You’ll also have the option of keeping your keys on file to simplify future visits, and to avoid key drop-off/pick-up surcharges. Please have a spare key ready at the time of the consult. An additional trip to pick up keys will incur a $10 surcharge.
Security for your residence can be a major concern while you’re away. Ease your mind with the knowledge that your home is being checked on by an insured, bonded professional. I’ll perform a 15-point security check which includes:
- Bringing in mail/packages/newspapers
- Watering plants
- Rotation of indoor/outdoor lights and blinds or drapes
- Assess residence to make sure everything is in place: no signs of intrusion, disturbance, etc.
Pricing: $12/visit or $40/overnight stay.